In Georgia alone there are over 100 thousand car accidents a year on state roads and highways. These accidents result in over one thousand deaths and 100 thousand injuries classified from minor, moderate and serious. Serious injuries can include brain injury, spinal cord injury, paralysis, and other injuries that can result in a life time of disability and inability to work.
Georgia follows a “fault” system when it comes to issues like liability and insurance coverage after a car accident. This means that an at-fault driver is liable for any personal injury or property damage resulting from the accident, and his or her insurance policy will be looked to first in order to satisfy this liability. In Georgia, a person injured in an auto accident can look for compensation for damages by having Falanga and Chalker represent them. Falanga and Chalker’s staff will help by filing a claim with your own insurance company, pursuing a claim with the other drivers insurance company, and by pursuing a personal injury lawsuit.
Auto accident law in Georgia has a statue of limitations that applies to all auto accidents. All claims and lawsuits must be filled within two years of the accident. Georgia will not award damages to anyone who files a lawsuit after the two years have passed.
The law provides compensation for people who were injured because a negligent driver did not obey the routine rules of the road and failed to drive in a safe manner. Unfortunately, most injured victims will not get justice because they try to settle their own case or wait too long to get help. Insurance companies win many car accident cases that they should not be winning. They win these cases because they know how to manipulate the system. This is why you need the dedicated attorney’s at Falanga and Chalker by your side so this does not happen to you.
There are many dos and don’ts when it comes to an auto accident. Many of your friends and family may have been in an accident and will tell you what to do. They may not know exactly what to do and what not to do. The attorneys at Falanga and Chalker have a list of dos and don’ts when it comes to an accident.
- Do call your own insurance company and tell them about the accident;
- Do visit the Hospital or your family doctor if you are injured. If you do not have a doctor your attorney at Falanga and Chalker will help find one;
- Do immediately gather evidence;
- Do call the attorneys at Falanga and Chalker as soon as possible;
- Do Not give a recorded statement to the other driver’s insurance company, contact your attorney at Falanga and Chalker;
- Do Not believe the insurance Adjuster when they tell you to send them your medical bills and they will be paid - Do not send them anything without contacting your attorney at Falanga and Chalker;
- Do Not accept money or sign anything unless your attorney at Falanga and Chalker say it is okay;
- Do Not Expect to Get wealthy from a car accident.
If you or a loved one was involved in an auto accident in Georgia, contact Falanga and Chalker. The type of Auto Accidents our attorneys handle in Georgia are: