Riverdale Car Accident Lawyers
With Additional Offices in Greensboro, Alpharetta & Ellijay
In Georgia alone, there are over 100 thousand car accidents a year on state roads and highways. These accidents result in over 1,000 deaths and 100,000 injuries classified as minor, moderate, or serious. Serious injuries can include brain injury, spinal cord injury, paralysis, and other injuries that can result in a life-time of disability and inability to work.
Georgia follows a “fault” system when it comes to issues like liability and insurance coverage after a car accident. This means that an at-fault driver is liable for any personal injury or property damage resulting from the accident, and his or her insurance policy will be looked to first in order to satisfy this liability. In Georgia, a person injured in an auto accident can look for compensation for damages by hiring an attorney, such as the Law Offices of Falanga & Chalker, to represent them. Our experienced Riverdale auto accident attorneys can file a claim with your insurance company, pursue a claim with the other driver’s insurance company, and represent you in a personal injury lawsuit.
We offer free, no-obligation consultations. Call us today at (470) 450-1164.
What to Do After a Car Accident
There are many dos and don’ts when it comes to an auto accident. Many of your friends and family may have been in an accident and will tell you what to do, but they may not know what you should actually do and not do.
Our attorneys have a list of dos and don’ts when it comes to an accident:
- Do call your own insurance company and tell them about the accident.
- Do visit the hospital or your family doctor if you are injured. If you do not have a doctor, your attorney at the Law Offices of Falanga & Chalker can help find one.
- Do immediately gather evidence.
- Do call an attorney as soon as possible.
- Do Not give a recorded statement to the other driver’s insurance company. (Our lawyers can do this for you.)
- Do Not believe the insurance adjuster when they tell you to send them your medical bills so they can be paid. Do not send them anything without contacting your attorney at the Law Offices of Falanga & Chalker.
- Do Not accept money or sign anything unless your attorney has had a chance to review it.
- Do Not expect to get wealthy from a car accident.
Don’t Wait to File Your Claim
Auto accident law in Georgia has a statute of limitations that applies to all auto accidents. All claims and lawsuits must be filed within two years of the accident. Georgia will not award damages to anyone who files a lawsuit after the two years have passed.
The law provides compensation for people who were injured because a negligent driver did not obey the routine rules of the road and failed to drive in a safe manner. Unfortunately, most injured victims will not get justice because they try to settle their own case or wait too long to get help. Insurance companies win many car accident cases that they should not be winning. They win these cases because they know how to manipulate the system. This is why you need the dedicated attorneys at the Law Offices of Falanga & Chalker by your side so this does not happen to you.