Schedule Your Free Consultation | We Litigate Nationwide
Woman rubbing neck in front of car crash

The First Place You Should Go After a Car Crash

A car crash will ruin your day; it’s stressful, time-consuming, and often causes serious injuries. Many drivers are tempted to go home and rest immediately after the wreck, but that could be a huge mistake. That’s because they don’t know the first place you should go after a car crash.

Where To?

If you’ve been seriously injured in a crash, you should call 9-1-1 and go directly to the hospital. EMTs are trained and equipped to treat your injures at the scene and safely transport you so your injuries don’t get any worse.

If your injuries do not require emergency medical attention, continue the process as normal. Once you’ve exchanged information and pursued a police report, you should go directly to your primary doctor’s office or urgent care.


Adrenaline coursing through you after a crash can numb you to the full extent of your injuries. The sooner you see a doctor, the more likely you are to identify those kinds of injuries, even those that might not show signs or symptoms for a few days.

A doctor can examine you for early warning signs of these “latent injuries” and document their findings. Critically, if you later develop those more serious symptoms, there will be a record connecting them to the crash.

If you don’t get that documentation, or if you wait to see a doctor, the insurance company may question the severity of your injuries. If you wait more than three days to see a doctor, the insurance company may question whether your injuries were caused by the crash at all (even if those injuries did not show symptoms until days later).

Remember, proper documentation is key to protecting yourself and starting your road to recovery.

If you or someone you love suffered severe injuries in a car crash crash, you might have a case. If you’d like an experienced Riverdale car accident attorney from Law Offices of Falanga & Chalker to evaluate your case, please don’t hesitate to send us an email or call (470) 450-1164.